Thursday 31 March 2016

Celebrating Ourselves

I think we, as humans, too often forget to celebrate. Achievements. New aspects of life. Other people. The life of another. Of course death is horrible, but I think it's so lovely when we find it in ourselves to focus on the celebration of someone's life when they pass. (I am by no means making a comment on every death- I think it's all very contextual in this post.) I'll talk about this now.

When my nan died the funeral was different to others I've been to. It was hopeful. Everyone noted that at the end too. We were told to remember but to laugh, not cry. To laugh at the funny things my nan would say. We were reminded of silly stories; ridiculous stories. And we laughed. Some would call her life simple; but it was hers. She feared a lot; she loved a lot. She was proud of all of her family. I loved her a lot. And we celebrated her that day and when we talk of her, we still celebrate her. I simply loved how we approached her funeral. We celebrated her life and smiled as if she was laughing with us.

My best friend is currently doing amazingly at work. He's climbing higher and higher and I said we should celebrate. He said no. No?! Oh we will, but why do we sometimes choose not to celebrate our achievements? We need to stop being so hard on ourselves. Of course there's a time and a place and we do have to work hard. But I really believe in playing harder (within reason). We especially deserve to celebrate ourselves when our hard work has paid off and we can sit back and say, "Hey, look at me!"

So, this is the very last post of my blogging challenge, eeeek! Despite a slip up, I am very pleased with myself- especially as I posted five times (in one day?!) yesterday! Even though I was so upset when I missed three posts in two days, posting twice a day this month has made me really happy. The stress to come with it has been minimal, too! I've pretty much completely enjoyed posting so many times. After this post I will have posted 62 times this month. How cool? How cool?! I'm really impressed and I think I'm also happy with the quality of posts in general. Yay! Challenge yourself- you'll be surprised at what you're capable of! And then keep surprising yourself!

I am very much so celebrating myself this evening. I'm having a cheeky fish and chips and shall have a chill. I'm not sure what my schedule is going to be from now on but I'm excited to carry on blogging! Blogging challenges can be so threatening and I have felt threatened previously but man, I enjoyed this month of blogging so much.

Started & Completed,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. If you'd like to read my last post, feel free to click HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...