Tuesday 15 March 2016

A Big No to Invasions of Privacy

Respecting people's privacy is so important. There are grey areas and context to consider (but they aren't for this post although are very, very important- let's help us all be safe!) but some people can be private in general and some people can be private about particular things.

I'm a very private person in general. Two of my best friends are very open when it comes to talking about certain things and of course I respect them for this entirely! When they approach me or me and my friend I/we will always try to help! However I have noticed some of my friends sometimes think I owe them certain information just for being my friend. And this is spectacularly lame.

I don't think I've found it so much in the very last year, however before that, I think people are very big on knowing as much as possible about people. Some of my friends have even got as far as being angry with me or upset with me when I won't tell them about something or I take a while to confide in a friend. Sometimes it might help finding comfort in a friend but I don't always find this and this works for me! But I certainly should never be told off for how I treat my private business.

A friend wanted to talk to me the other day without explicitly saying her issue. At first she seemed a bit hesitant as if I might have pretended I needed to know exactly what it was in order to understand the situation. But I didn't need to know and I would never have asked! It was her business and I could help her without knowing! Friendship isn't about knowing every little detail about each other- it's about being there when friends need help or ask for it. That's so important to remember.

Ultimately pressing people on "details" of anything can lead to friends being pushed away and nobody wants that!

Friends & Smiles,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I'm blogging twice a day this March and you can read my last post HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...