Friday 25 October 2013

An Optimist Whose Glass is Half Empty

I always say "I'm a hopeless romantic who doesn't believe in love, a dreamer who fears failure and an optimist whose glass is half empty." HERE, I explained how I am a hopeless romantic who doesn't believe in love and I thought it was time to explain how I am an optimist whose glass is half empty.
























I have always been very nervous when it comes to certain things that I want to go well: exams, sport competitions and musical performances. Although I'm a lot better at dealing with the stress now, I still force myself to believe that everything will go horrendously badly and I'll not do as well as I would like to. I'll get the worst butterflies mixed in with another feeling: a burning excitement. Despite this being an example showing more of me being a pessimist whose glass is half full (I don't know why, but in my head this makes more sense in this situation), I am always cancelling some form of excitement out with the negativity fear produces in me.

So, the picture? Today I saw these dying flowers on my window sill and thought I'd find the positive in them and take a little snap. They are a lot less colourful than they used to be but they are still sweet and lovely so I thought I'd attempt to try and improve my naturally pessimistic view and find something beautiful out of something that's not as bright as it once was.

Dewy Grass & Flowers,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

My nest for tweeting/All things Tumblr/A surprise post

5 comments:

  1. I love how you analyse yourself, it is good to think about things like this :)

    xo Mel
    Anxiety | Depression | Panic Attacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love your blog, happy to have stumbled across it. I really love the idea of finding the positive in something that seems so negative, the dying flowers for example. They look so cute it just proves its how you veiw things.

    Feel free to stop by my blog, I could do with some optimism!

    Grace xxx
    Coveredbygracee.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad that came across!

      I just did and I love your blog a lot. You have a really fabulous mix of different kinds of blogposts on your blog and that makes me very happy!

      :-)

      Delete
  3. Lovely words, and so inspiring, if we could all look for the positive in all we see then life would hold far more charm.....

    http://boofiloomummies.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...