Wednesday 2 March 2016

Silence can be Tranquillity

Like with a lot of things in life you can hear one "official" thing one day and another "official" thing another. I haven't looked into it but I've heard some teachers say, "If music helps you revise, listen to music" and others say, "Do not ever listen to music or have any other distraction!" I'm not going to look into all of the theories now, but I'm going to talk about how I have noticed silence help me. Not always or for every aspect of my life, but recently silence has improved my focus massively.

Not too long ago, I rarely stepped foot into the library at university. And then, with an assignment becoming heavier and heavier on my shoulders, I got myself down there more and more. And the reason why was because the silence really, really helped me. My focus sharpened, and even when I procrastinated, it was done so in a much better way. I seemed to be able to have a few moments out in an organised fashion and then troop on with my work.

I found my fingers becoming far more active on my keyboard when I was sat at an isolated desk with my essay question in front of me. And it made me enjoy it more. When I work in my room, my focus is terrible. I always want to get on with work but for many reasons, I just won't. But as soon as I am in the library my mind is in Work Mode. I can have slip ups but more often than not I am in the zone and far more interested in what I'm doing than if I would be sat on my bed doing it.

However, it's not just the academic/work kind of stuff silence has been helping me with. This right here is the product of me being in the library and thriving in silence! I've finished all of my university work for the day and I've treated myself to writing another blog post here as a reward. (I used a break from working earlier in the library to write my last post!) Sometimes all I want to do is write a post to music or a TV show, but sometimes silence makes me knuckle down and excitedly endure my creative juices!

And walking! Silence can be the best friend you could ask for when you're walking somewhere or just out for a walk. I adore taking in my surroundings or the little sounds that accompany my silence (because that is allowed too!) and making myself so at happy with everything because of it.

Ultimately, sometimes silence is everything I need to feel calm, collected and relaxed.

Tranquillity & Peace,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am blogging twice every day this month and you can read my post from earlier HERE!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...