Tuesday 15 December 2015

When It Pays Off

In the last couple of months I’ve been setting myself a lot of goals with running, (with the exception of November) keeping up with my blog and trying not to be overwhelmed by workload at university. Sometimes I have dealt well with this, sometimes my tears have been worthy of granting me a role as the lead woman in a chick flick. However, when I have succeeded in my task, you can guarantee I am cheesy movie happy when everything works out well.

I’ve had the knowledge in my mind this year that I have to work so hard and there was a week with multiple tough deadlines and it overwhelmed me a lot- it got me to that “This will have to do” stage. This all sucks, but I know now how key organisation is, in turn allowing me to work hard. When I did receive a result back that was the reason for a endless grin on my face, it just got me thinking how awesome it is when hard work pays off. And how I will so aim to feel like that this year at university.
 
It then got me thinking about how it seems like work hard doesn't pay off- we then need to keep working hard, working out what we need to do to have our cheesy Hollywood movie ending and keep going in all aspects of life. Of course, we can't always be this kind of positive but I so want to live with these thoughts in my life.
 
I remember the first awesome six mile run I achieved. I ran it at the pace I had been wanting to for ever and then I got home, sat down and felt stupidly proud at my more than rosy cheeks and sweaty palms. Hard work paying off has to be one of the best feelings. It's like when I was younger and I'd try so super hard on a project and I'd get a fab mark back and it might not be something other friends were proud of but I'd come home from school, tell my whole family and feel so bloomin' delighted.
 
That's what I want to always strive for- in every aspect of life... To feel chuffed like nine year old me as often as possible.
 
Cheesy Grins & Life Wins,
 
The Girl in the Moonlight.
 
P.S. Blogmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...