Saturday 26 December 2015

Book Haul | Lovely Christmas Gifts

It's Boxing Day and I hope you all had a wonderful day yesterday. I had the most family-filled, happy day and I now love the calm of Boxing Day (I used to just feel super sad but now I appreciate the wonderful-ness that is Boxing Day). With my family around me, I thought I'd celebrate today by talking about the books I received yesterday. I am so grateful for them and I can't wait to read (and complete, in some cases) them.
 
 
I Am Malala by Malala Yusafzai with Patricia McCormick
 
I started reading this book yesterday and I can't wait to read more of it today. It's the true story of the incredible Malala. After she stood up for her and every girls' right to education, she was shot on her way home from school. She survived when no one expected her to and she not only has done incredibly in her educational adventures since but she has become so many peoples' inspirations- me being one who finds her absolutely incredible. This is her story and I can't wait to find out all about her and read her wise words.
 
Meet Me in Manhattan by Claudia Carroll
 
I hadn't heard of this beautifully-covered novel until I unwrapped this yesterday. I adore books that are a surprise and after reading the blurb I was invested immediately. It's about Holly the journalist who has discovered the man she is in love with is not all she thought. When she goes to surprise him to find out everything, her New York adventure turns into something she wasn't expecting. I'm excited!
 
Alice's Adventures in Wonderland by Lewis Carroll
 
I want to stroke this book all day long- I'm so excited! For ages I've wanted to start a classic book series on the blog and this is how it'll start. I actually don't remember reading this in my life - although maybe I've read a more "child" kind of version so I can't wait to read this!
 
 
The Art of Mindfulness - Happy and Energized Colouring
 
I have wanted an adult colouring book for for ever. Although it's not a book, I see people talk about these all of the time and now I wanna! I have my colouring pencils at the ready and as soon as I finish this post I will be sitting down with one of the beautiful patterns and colouring for a long time.
 
Did you get any books for Christmas? Have a fab Boxing Day!
 
Books & Colouring Pencils,
 
The Girl in the Moonlight.
 

P.S. I'm getting so upset with how I can't enlarge my photo on my posts without the quality becoming horrific. I never used to have this problem with the camera I used to use and I'm just at the end of my tether! I hope I can sort this out for the new year.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...