Wednesday 30 December 2015

My Favourite Books: 2015

It's time to wrap up my 2015 reading on the blog by showing you my favourite books that I've read this year! I have read more books than I've ever have in a year this year, making it particularly hard to choose my favourite books. I have, however, come up with a list of the best books I've read this year!

 
I Am Malala by Malala Yousafzai with Patricia McCormick
 
This incredible book contains the amazing story of Malala and what she stands for. Malala spoke out about every child having the right to education and she was shot. Now safe in England but unable to go home she wants to spread her message all the more. And she is doing an ace job. You can read my full review HERE!
 
All I Know Now by Carrie Hope Fletcher
 
I had been waiting so long to get my hands on this book and it does not disappoint. It's both a bunch of stories about Carrie with advice and lessons sewn in between. We get to know more about the awesome Carrie and realise we all make silly mistakes but we can make up for them too. It makes us feel like we are chatting to Carrie while she talks about things we might have experienced or we might in the future. You can read my review HERE!

 
(The candle was placed with safety in mind and obviously I don't keep my books next to candles!)
 
Since You've Been Gone by Morgan Matson
 
This book came at the right time for me this year- although I'd love it at anytime. I really needed a summery boost and this story made my heart feel incredibly butterfly-y. Emily's best friend is gone for the summer but she has left her a list of things to do... Things Emily can't ever imagine doing. While she tests her own limits and learns who she is, there are a new friendship group and a boy. And it's awesome. HERE is my review for it!
 
Dream a little Dream by Giovanna Fletcher
 
Dream a Little Dream is about Sarah and her bizarre dreams. It's about her job she feels like she's getting no where in and her awesome group of friends that go to a pub quiz every week. When Brett, the boy of her dreams, is working where she works, all sorts of whacky things happen in her dreams. You can read my full review HERE!
 
 
(Once again, I don't have my books close to candles- not safe!)

If I Stay/Where She Went by Gayle Forman

Ahhh, these set of books for ever pop into my mind. Although the second was my favourite, I adore both of these novels. These stories about Mia and Adam, the process and the aftermath of Mia deciding whether she wants to live or die after she loses all of her family. You can read the first novel's review HERE and the second's HERE!

 
I Was Here by Gayle Forman
 
Another Gayle Forman treasure! Cody's best friend Meg killed herself and she wants to know why. Through her finding out she meets new people and finds out new things about Meg. While questions become unanswered, more questions are formed and it's a hauntingly beautiful adventure. You can read my review HERE
 
Maybe Someday by Colleen Hoover
 
When Sydney's boyfriend turns out to be cheating on her, Ridge takes her under his wing and a musical friendship is formed. While she helps him out with lyrics, we learn a lot about sacrifice, friendship and music. You can read my review HERE!
 

Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell

2015 was brought in with this fantastic, fantastic novel. Cath writes fan fiction about a very Harry Potter-esque world and she uses it as an escape from the world. She's not like her outgoing twin sister, Wren and finds herself constantly worried about her. When they move to the same university and her sister takes part in the party side of university, Cath knowing it's not for her, Levi bursts into her life. Fangirl is a brilliant coming of age novel where we ache for Cath to find happiness. You can read my essay of a review HERE!

 
The Martian by Andy Weir
 
When Mark is stranded in space we follow his journey in trying to stay alive and contact Earth. We enjoy his funny attitude and empathise with him in the dark moments. More than anything we ache for it to all work out! My full book/film review can be found HERE!

The Understudy by David Nicholls

This is about Josh and his role as an understudy. While he envies Stephen, he befriends his wife, Nora and this is where things get complicated. All the while he wants to prove himself as an actor to himself and his ex-wife and daughter. My full review is HERE!

The Rosie Project by Graeme Simsion

Don doesn't completely understand interacting and we watch him often slip up. He also works out that he wants to find a wife. He needs someone to compliment his organised and specific life. Enter Rosie... Wait, is she a match? My full review is HERE!

My versions of the next two books are at university and so I couldn't take a photo for this post but this list also includes...

Shatter Me by Tehereh Mafi

Shatter Me is the first part of a series and it was amazing. It's about Juliette and her lethal touch. I don't like saying too much about this series because it's a story I was glad I went into without much knowledge but you can read my review HERE!

All My Friends are Superheroes by Andrew Kaufman

This is the sweetest novel about Tom and his lack of superpowers. All of his friends are superheroes, including his wife... who can't see him anymore because a jealous ex made Tom invisible to her. In his quest to get her to see him again we learn about a handful of superheroes and their powers. You can find my review HERE!

Here's to my 2016 reading experience- I'm going to read like I never have before!

2015 & Books,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...