Wednesday 23 December 2015

My True Love Gave To Me - Twelve Authors

My True Love Gave To Me is one of those ace books that is written by many authors. I'll list them all because they all deserve to be mentioned: Holly Black; Ally Carter; Mat de la Pena; Gayle Forman; Jenny Han; David Levithan; Kelly Link; Myra McEntire; Stephanie Perkins; Rainbow Rowell; Laini Taylor; Kiersten White. It's a Christmas book made up of twelve short stories by these wonderful authors and man, it's awesome.

This book consists of twelve winter romances and it's the perfect book to cuddle up with at Christmas. From stories about elves to students with no money to childhood crushes, this book has every heart-warming story ever. Before starting this I was so delighted to be reading snippets of some of my favourite authors and now, after having finished it, I am glad to say I have discovered new authors to find out more about.

Because they are such little stories that I fear giving away I don't want to spoil any of them as I highly recommend this novel, thereby making this a hard review to write. However what I will say is that it was the perfect book to be my friend during my breaks from serious, un-festive stuff. It's been a busy couple of weeks full of "getting stuff" done and when I haven't been doing that or seeing friends or family, I have adored My True Love Gave to Me.

Christmas novels are awesome and I need to read more of them at this time of year. I will aim to do that in the coming years. I've also adored that in the last two years I've read these types of books at Christmas time- those made up of lots of authors' stories. Last year I read Let It Snow and that is another cracker of a Christmas novel. So, as useless as this review is, it must be said that this is an amazing novel which some lovely festive messages.

I rate this 5/5!

Twelve Stories & Winter Romances,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. Blogmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...