Sunday 13 December 2015

Laughter

There are so many things I believe I should remind myself of every day- things I most certainly should be grateful for and should aspire to live every day a certain, positive way because of. Today, with a blank page in front of me, I am thankful for laughter. I am thankful for the memories I have of being with friends and having hours of ridiculous giggles, I’m thankful of having people in my life that will, today, make me laugh, and I’m thankful at the thought of all of the precious times to come which will be brightened with laughter.

From laughing momentarily with a train conductor after an automatic door kept refusing to completely shut (it's one of those "have to be there" moments) this morning to calling my best friend and experiencing him telling me a joke he could barely tell thanks to his ridiculous laughter. Laughter… I believe it’s actually therapeutic. I see this when something really tickles my mum and she’s laughing by herself on the sofa, with the most lovely, happy expression on her face. I see this when my friends and I all come together because of laughter.

A way a lot of us wind down when we can is to watch comedy- whether that be a series or a stand-up comedian. Even if we aren't physically laughing, we enjoy how it makes us feel some form of laughter (in our heads or literally). Laughing means forgetting about whatever worries; it means coping better with worries; it means really enjoying a moment.
 
I spent a whole day laughing with two of my best friends today. It meant that when I got home and sat down, I just grinned.

What a damn good life I have filled with laughter.

Gratitude & Happiness,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. Blogmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...