Thursday 31 December 2015

The Girl in the Moonlight | 2015

It's New Year's Eve and for The Girl in the Moonlight, that means a post of reflection. A post to think about all I've achieved and learnt this year because of this glorious hobby, blogging. At the end of last year's "sum up post" I said to cheers to 2015, especially for what it would bring with blogging. I said it'd be a good'n and I am so unbearably delighted to report that it was! It was a good'n!

I'll tell you why.

Although, as bloomin' usual, I've sucked with always sticking to a schedule and even though I will continue aim to be better with this, I will never always be able to stick to a schedule. But hey, I think I've definitely improved. Statistically in comparison to 2014 (I expect I was better with schedules in 2013), I'm not sure if I definitely have been better with a schedule but I've definitely been better at making sure I make up for any suckishness when I don't post.

2014 really moulded exactly what I want my blog to be- the content I want to write. 2015 furthered this. I really think my blog portray who I am, despite being an anonymous blogger, and that's all I've wanted from the start. I've written lots of book reviews, short stories, thought posts and I just know I'm going into 2016 with a good template.

I'm going to leave a few of my favourite posts that spring to mind below (that aren't my short stories or book reviews because I've summed up those HERE and HERE) because I want to have a little look back and feel a little proud of myself...

The Act of Being Quiet

The First Page

That Intimidation Thing and Why It Sucks

Body Shaming and Why It Must Stop

Finally, 2015 has brought the most amount of blog posts that have ever been seen in one year on The Girl in the Moonlight and I am most proud of this. This post marks 200 posts in 2015! I am deliriously happy about this. And I've finished the year with my favourite month of posts, which means 2016 has to be set up for good things? And, hey, more posts...? Exciting!

Have a lovely evening everyone- stay safe, and enjoy! I can't wait to see what 2016 will bring, particularly with the blog.

It's going to be ace.

An End & A Beginning,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...