Saturday 28 December 2013

My Favourite Books: 2013

A couple of months ago I published a blog post about my favourite books I read before I was a teenager (which you can read HERE, if you would like) and I thought, to round up 2013, I would do a post on my favourite novels of 2013.


























All I can say about these beautiful books is... they're life-changing. When people ask me what John Green books are about, I can't put it into words. Why they're so wonderful. Why they're some of my favourite books. Why he always leaves me crying. They're classics of our time. Of course, the fabulous Will Grayson, Will Grayson is also written by the equally brilliant David Levithan. These books have a special place in my heart. You can read my review about The Fault in our Stars HERE.


























Let's get the me-shamelessly-plugging-old-reviews out of the way: HERE, HERE and HERE. My point of putting these wonderful books in this post is to express how beautiful these books are (inside and out). One Perfect Summer by Paige Toon is a young love story that is soon less beautiful as Alice and Joe are no long in each other's lives. Billy and Me by Giovanna Fletcher follows Sophie May's life as she becomes involved with the famous Billy Buskin with a romantic tale full of happiness and heartbreak. Firefly Lane by Kristin Hannah is the story of Kate and Tully's lives as they go through school, love and life. These three books are in my favourites of this year as they are delightful and charming reads.


























I'd waited for The Longest Ride by Nicholas Sparks for so long, excited at every tweet he tweeted about it and as usual, Mr. Sparks did not disappoint. The text on the inside cover makes my heart tingle and tells me of the need to read it again. I'll write the last part of it here:

Ira and Ruth. Sophia and Luke. Two couples, separated by years and experience, whose lives are about to converge in the most unexpected - and shocking - of ways.

It's a book that has captured my heart and won't let go.


























Me Before You is the tale of Lou and Will; the story of how two people find each other when they need it the most - a book I was recommended and a book I now recommend.

2013 was an amazing year, partly due to these wonderful books. Although I'm pretty sure I read One Perfect Summer at the end of last year, it was one of the first books that came to my mind from this year as I definitely re-read it this year, so I thought I'd include it! All of the books here that I haven't already written about have reviews ready and waiting to be published but as I've got so many waiting, it may take a while!

What are your favourite books you've read this year? Let me know in the comments!

Saturday Nights & Books,

The Girl in the Moonlight.


8 comments:

  1. Me before You is by far my favorite book of 2013, I just couldn't step away from it, there were so many motions that went through my mind and so strong feelings! Jojo is a grate writer. I also want to read the fould in our stars, I think I might:)

    Oh and btw, great blog you have!

    ~Elisabeth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your blog is really nice, I've put it in my bookmarks! :)

    -Destiny x ( isingstyles.blogspot.com )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking for alaska is one of my favourites and i really want to read Billy & Me! xo

    http://prettypetticoats.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome - it is a book that will always be a favourite of mine! You'll enjoy Billy and Me when you do read it; another forever favourite!

      Delete
  4. I've really been enjoying John Green's books this year as well! Have you heard of Colleen Hoover? I recommend checking out her book Slammed! It's also one of my favorites this year :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. John Green's books are just magical! I haven't but I have looked on Amazon just now, read the blurb and it's now added to my list - thank you! :-)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...