Friday 16 October 2015

The Magic of Bookshops

To pinpoint the magic of bookshops is an impossible task- there is just too much magic in these places to think one little blogger can re-produce it all in a blog-sized set of words.

If it isn't the sheer sight of books upon books upon books that makes my heart flutter with the gorgeousness of words, it's the pages I can softly turn to momentarily soak up a story I may purchase that day- or another. But definitely one other time I step into a Shop of Stories. It's the hustle and bustle of a quiet bookshop- and the peace found in all of the storybook or real life characters that are wandering around a busy bookshop. It's the happiness in reaching out to touch a pretty or unique or bizarre on inspiring book cover. It's finding books I've never heard of and books a friend of family member would love as a present; it's appreciating the works of so many talented people. Bookshops are just something else.

This post comes from being ever inspired by the Books are my Bag campaign which you can read more about HERE. The campaign aims to get us in bookshops more- support our beautiful shops that tell stories! After all, we wouldn't want to see these shops to not exist eventually, would we? Imagine every high street not having stories to be told; imagine not being able to physically consider a bunch of stories before we treat ourselves to a novel. I know I don't want to imagine it. Go and check out Books are my Bag because it's an awesome cause and I couldn't agree with it more.

I'm going to hold my hands up now in complete honesty and not claim that I will always buy my books from bookshops- sometimes shopping online will be more convenient or better priced for my needs. However, for the last couple of years I have been supporting bookshops more and more, because they are the place I always want to go to most of all when I go shopping- therefore I must support them. We have to remember a few awesome things about bookshops that other places may not be able to offer us:

Bookshops...

...can have some awesome deals
...can provide covers you don't get on certain online stores
...won't provide you with a book tattered from the post or handling
...make me feel full of magic

Please support bookshops- they may need us and we most certainly need them!

Bookshops & That Feeling of Magic,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am taking part in Blogtober which you can read about HERE! HERE is yesterday's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...