Thursday 8 October 2015

Booktober | To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

To kick off Booktober (which you can read about HERE), I chose to read To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I read so many good things about it before buying it, always seeing pictures of it here and there! I'm very glad I picked it to get myself into Booktober!
























Lara Jean has fallen in love with a few boys and with these imaginary romances, came one letter to each boy to end it- to move on. When the letters are released into the world, a life Lara Jean didn't intend for is released too. With a family to try and look after once her big sister has moved to Scotland and some growing up to do, Lara Jean faces a high school life she didn't know she could have.

We adore Lara for her naive ways, but also how she is very aware of who she is (in an awesome way!) and how she is quite happy to surprise the world. She is an admirable character with bundles of eagerness and enthusiasm for sweet things. It's endearing to watch her ask questions and learn and be willing to try new things, no matter how scared she is. I particularly loved how she is very open to being wrong in that she will admit it to herself and I think this is a good quality to have.

To All the Boys I've Loved Before is a sweet coming of age story about learning to grow up and I adore how Lara Jean keeps her sweet and inquisitive ways throughout this. I love her relationship with her dad and how she aches to help out with her little sister and the household. I am delighted with this read, and although it felt a little young for me, I adored the story and so recommend it very much (because if you love it, you love it!)- and I can't wait to read the sequel, P.S. I Still Love You.

I rate this novel 3.5/5!

Letters & Questions,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am taking part in Blogtober which you can read about HERE, and HERE is yesterday's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...