Thursday 29 October 2015

"Oops" | Booktober

It's Thursday and so it's today-should-be-a-Booktober-book-review-but-I-haven't-read-the-book-so-it's-confession-time day!

I have been taking part in Booktober this month (I've been trying to read one book a week, as inspired by Carrie Hope Fletcher), except I just haven't got round to reading the final book I proposed I would read: The Virgin Suicides by Jeffrey Eugenides. I am particularly devastated about this because I've been wanting to read this for ages so I was glad I had a plan to read it, but naturally I can just read it soon!

Now onto why I sucked with Booktober.

I thought October would be a brilliant time to take part in a reading challenge. I thought it'd be a relatively quiet month and I normally read about four books a month at university anyway, so why not!? *Whispers sadly, you were wrong though, weren't you?* This year I completed a book challenge well enough and I enjoyed it a lot but it did put pressure on me a little more than I was expecting, and last December I failed with a reading challenge. So, I shall conclude this. I will now only put myself forward for a reading challenge when I know it won't be a stressful experience, because I did wonder whether it'd be a silly idea a day or two before I posted about it. Hopefully next summer will be my chance for this!

I have read some really awesome books for the 3/4 of Booktober that I did participate in, though. I read a very cute read first of all: To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han. I then read an awesome first part of a series, Cinder by Marissa Meyer. This was followed by Just One Day by Gayle Forman which was full of romance and depth. I read three very different reads and I loved that this challenge brought me this variety.

I am disappointed in myself, but what with getting settled in at university, the workload of university, Blogtober whilst trying to push myself with my running, it all got very hectic. November will be an awesome reading month though!

Apricots & Yoghurt,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I have been blogging every day in October (with one exception *sad face*) which you can read about HERE. HERE is yesterday's post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...