Sunday 25 October 2015

A Little Slice of Un-Anonymous #7

It's the last Sunday of the month which means my blog is to learn a little more about me- the aim of my "A Little Slice of Un-Anonymous" series; to make sure I portray more about myself on the blog even if I remain anonymous. In today's post I want to talk about how my love for reading came about- or the things I can link together to understand why it is I adore reading quite so much.

I have always had a close-knit family when it comes to my mum, my dad and my brother. Part of this closeness dates back to when my mum would read part of a book to my brother and I when we were younger. I don't remember exactly when this stopped but I know I adored these times. Sat with my brother and my mum, listening to a story and being completely excited about this. Not only did I simply adore listening to a story and reading along, if we are getting pedantic about it, I loved the togetherness reading brought to my family. As well as this, I remember trips to town always including a trip to a book shop. If I'd been good then I'd get to choose one of those little books that would be on a spinning rack shelf. When my mum was younger she loved all of the Enid Blyton novels and she passed this love onto me, starting with The Naughtiest Girl in the School and buying me other series of hers for Christmas. I even remember her telling me how much she adored one of the series and how that inspired me to read it. That's a cool mum right there!

By myself, I know for sure, I took the time to invest my heart in stories. I always loved the Harry Potter series among many others and chose to make reading a hobby. This is likely to be because of reading at school... I enjoyed it! Reading was something I was good at and found myself excited by. I loved discussing whatever story in class from a very young age. This love grew as I got older.

Finally, I know for sure that I adored escaping into another world of characters and friendships and hobbies. I know I saw good characters and wanted to be like them, and I saw their good qualities and aspired to possess them too. Reading inspires me to be a better person. Always.

Trips & Books,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. I am taking part in Blogtober which you can read about HERE! HERE is yesterday's post!

#1 #2 #3 #4 #5  #6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...