Tuesday 27 October 2015

Take a Breath

*Drum roll please.*

I missed a day of Blogtober. *Massive sad face." Why? Because I actually just forgot. Yesterday was a hectic day and I remembered as soon as I woke up this morning. Needless to say I was pretty devastated. Having blogged every day this month (you can read more about it HERE), it is gutting to have missed a day SO CLOSE to the end of Blogtober. But it's okay... I suppose. I will, of course, now post twice today. As disappointed as I am with yesterday's no show, it leads nicely into the idea of today's post.

*Take a breath.*

Sometimes things can become so heavy for my shoulders and so filled with panic that I need desperately to take a moment to take a breath and I have been keeping this in mind recently. I recommend it. Workload has just got a bit intense with university and in previous years I may be prone to be a human in a panicked, fearful state. Recently, though, I've been holding my stress back. When it's got too much, I've let my mind breathe a little, maybe made a plan to make me feel more at ease, and carried on.

My best friend says he really wants to - and he does aim to - improve on remembering to take a breath when he is panicking or frustrated. He told me he can get all worked up and not see the opportunity to help himself by taking a moment.

I think taking a breath to calm ourselves is a really good idea. When I remembered I had forgotten to blog, I felt panic rise it my heart and as disappointed as I am, I took a breath and reminded myself that it can be fixed to a certain extent. Most things can be. Even if they can't, there is always something that can be done.

Remember to take a breath, because I know I definitely deserve to every now and then!

A Breath & A New Perspective,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

P.S. HERE is my last post!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...