Sunday 28 December 2014

Carrie Says | 2014

One of my New Year's Resolutions of 2014 was a reading challenge. Explained in more detail HERE, "Carrie Says" is my blogging series focussed around books that Carrie Hope Fletcher has recommended in her videos. I have, so far, read four of these books and I have ADORED them. To round off Carrie Says in 2014, I thought I would dedicate a post to them!
























I will link my reviews to each of the books below:

1) An Offer You Can't Refuse by Jill Mansell
2) Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli 
3) The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern
4) The Book Thief by Markus Zusak

One of the main reasons I have adored my Carrie Says series is because all four of the books I have read so far have become some of my favourite books of all time. An Offer You Can't Refuse is one of my favourite sunshine-y, heart-warming books and Stargirl is my favourite little book full of exciting meaning, The Night Circus is so gorgeously unique I know I will read it many more times, making it my favourite magic book alongside the Harry Potter series, and The Book Thief is my favourite war-time novel. I hold each of these books very tightly to my heart everyday (metaphorically and sometimes literally!).

When I set up this series for myself, I promised myself that I would put no pressure on it. And I haven't! The second half of this year has brought no Carrie Says posts and I haven't made that a "thing" in my mind. Reading is one of my favourite hobbies and an activity that brings me only excitement and happiness so I love buying books specifically for this series because it brings an extra burst of anticipation as they are based on recommendations (whereas I normally buy a book because I've been driven to by my own excitement).

Carrie Says has meant I have opened my eyes to different kinds of books. Although I, before, enjoyed reading books that weren't by my favourite authors (all I used to do was become attached to one author and then read all of their books only!), Carrie Says has meant I have been always reading a different genre of book. It has, in turn, lead me to finding other different genres and changed my perspective when book-browsing and buying!

Below, because I am deliriously excited, are a few books that are already waiting for my 2015 Carrie Says adventure, while my mind is excitingly listing others I plan on reading for Carrie Says next year!

























I am so excited for each of these books: The Five People You Meet in Heaven by Mitch Albom and One Day by David Nicholls. I am quite far into Happily Ever After by Harriet Evans and I am loving it. I am feeling very "asdfghjkl" about reading these and the rest of the books recommended by Carrie Hope Fletcher for my series. I can't wait.

Favourite & New Books,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...