Wednesday 23 July 2014

Magic

I like the feeling of magic. The feeling of both contentment and excitement, to me, is magic.

Waking up with blue skies recently is most certainly a help towards the feeling I'm feeling, but yet, I realised I've been feeling, despite all the stress of this year, pretty positive for a long time. Last year I wrote THIS post, talking about a happy feeling I was feeling, and right now I feel like what I'm experiencing right now and what I have been feeling a lot since that post is that same feeling.

I love that feeling.

I don't want this to come off as though I'm wanting to shove the sunshine I'm feeling in everyone's faces, I've just witnessed myself and my friends realising some adult-y things that have, in turn, made us happier. We, I believe, have decided that we have to do the things we love doing, have fun and take the chances that we feel we should. We're carpe diem-ing life a lot. Things are going to change in less that two months. I believe some things will stay the same, including the friendships I have, but life is going to get more adult for us.

And yet I feel magic.

The people around me are making me very happy, as are the books I'm reading, the posts I'm writing, and the days I'm having. I know happiness can't be a conscious decision for some people, but last year I decided I would be as smiley as I could be as often as I could be, and the sunshine above me is echoed in my every day life.

Grins. There have been a lot of grins.

I'm feeling tingly and giggly and my heart is full with smiles. Smiles that have been existing with the help of others and myself too. Magic to me, is my blog and the people around me and, right now, summer. I'm grateful for it all.

Rainbows have been created in my tummy and they make me know that magic really does exist.

What's magic to you?

Slush Puppies & Popping Candy,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

2 comments:

  1. I'm happy that your happy! I'm loving you blog! So much so that I tagged you in the Leibster Award tag. It's on my blog, I hope you do it and that you continue to provide us with great content!

    <3 buildingtheconfidence.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...