Friday 18 July 2014

Familiar Faces

One of my least favourite things is circumstance altering the people we see. Whether it be time or distance, or something that isn't because one person and another (or others) have had a disagreement or have wanted to part ways, I dislike not being able to meet up with someone or people because there's simply quiet between them, although neither party has reason for this, or even wants it to be this way.

College has meant people have drifted from one another, but yet I feel really lucky having kept all of my favourite people from two years ago. More recently has highly contributed to this. I've felt even more lucky because I've been spending a lot of time with a bunch of people I adore being around and have missed so much from two years ago.

Familiar faces are, simply put, awesome.

Summer is everything perfect at the moment, and seeing a bunch of people that I've missed seeing most days for five years of my life has been refreshing and a happy (and unneeded) reminder how well we all get on. These summer nights have meant a lot of laughter, and silly chats, and a catch up on how our lives have changed and stayed the same over the last two years. They've meant old memories being shared and jokes we'd forgotten grinned at. They've meant talking about the future and being excited and nervous together. They've meant little, knowing smiles when we've parted again, knowing these evenings will be happening again soon.

If you miss someone or a group of people and they've never done anything to make sense of the reason you're not close anymore, make the effort! If you soon find out they're not willing to make the effort back, at least you know that it's not worth it. Quite frankly, I put in some effort because I missed a bunch of people and a plethora of factors had been getting in the way, and now we're all mutually making the effort, and I couldn't be more grateful!

These familiar faces have made summer even more awesome.

Old Stories & Jokes,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

4 comments:

  1. That's really great you've been able to talk to old friends again! I'm worried this will happen in college with me since I'm not going to school with my close friends, but I'm sure I'll be able to reconnect with them during the summer and holidays!

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am really glad to hear you ave been seeing people again and making up for lost time, it's got me thinking that perhaps I should do much of the same as well. The only thing I don't like is when I constantly have to make the effort because they do not seem interested, but that's life I guess!

    Amazzable xox

    Feel free to check out my blog:
    rawramazzable.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Of course, that would suck, but, in my case, making the effort turned out well!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...