Monday 23 December 2013

THE DESOLATION OF SMAUG!!!1!!11!

*Contains traces of spoiler.*

Since seeing The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey last year, I was super duper, childishly excited to see The Desolation of Smaug, the second instalment of The Hobbit.

The Desolation of Smaug is action-packed as well as full of different storylines. It highlights the true courage Bilbo has found and his character reform but also the burden of the ring. The wonderful (and beautiful) Legolas is (narratively-speaking) introduced and, well, as I said to my best friend, "Legolas was mean". Tauriel, must be mentioned. She isn't in the book, I know, blah blah blah, BUT SHE'S AWESOME. She's all powerful and athletic and good at shooting arrows and stuff. I like her a lot. She's my new hero. Especially as she cares for my Kili so much.

Now let's talk evil. There were a lot of Orcs. They scare me but I think that's the point. Yet, at the same time, I think I've become fond of the characters - they feature heavily after all. However, I would like them to stay away from my dwarves and wizard and hobbit. The spiders - OH GOSH. The scenes with the spiders were horribly terrifying but the scene reminded me of the scene from An Unexpected Journey where Bilbo saves the dwarves from Stone Trolls. I love triumphant Bilbo.

With jokes dotted throughout, wonderful additions and a deeper understanding of the story if you're not familiar with it, The Desolation of Smaug really was something special. It ends on the biggest cliff-hanger, with a plethora of storylines being left to be finished in the third Hobbit film. I cannot wait.

I have seen so many good films this month but have only had time to sit down and write about The Desolation of Smaug. I know my film reviews are more writing-about-films-whilst-fangirling but I hope it portrays just how amazing the films I review are and reflects, literarily, what good films do to my heart and excitement!

Elves & Dwarves,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

Blogmas

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...