Saturday 10 August 2013

Day 6: Dougie Poynter

Dougie Poynter. The one with the (occasional) headband. The one who looks too incredibly good after spending weeks in a jungle. Yup, this is that guy.

Mr. Poynter is a huge Blink-182 fanboy. I too am that way inclined (the lady type though). Therefore I think Donners and I would have such fun talking about their wonderful tunes and lyrics. In turn, we should marry. Oh my, things just got a little heated. In all seriousness though, I love that he loves Blink because it means I relate to one of my four favourite people all the more! Horrah!

When I see McFly live, seeing Dougie be awesome makes my heart smile. He's just so cool with his guitar and... *queue fangirl sobs* ASDFGHJKL. I love how he (and all of McFly, obviously) has complete control of the crowd. He's just a hilarious chap.
 

"One of my biggest fears is losing my mind."


It must be mentioned how proud I am (more on that here) of Dougie overcoming some tough stuff and that he's made all of his fans gleam with pride in doing so. Reading about it in McFly's book, albeit incredibly saddening, was somewhat refreshing. Obviously, as it was said, he was scared of taking the step of going into rehab but he did it, and this was the start of him fighting the battle. That's someone amazing right there.

Watching Dougie on I'm a Celeb was absolutely fabulous. At the time I had Harry at the weekends (Strictly Come Dancing) and Dougie most days of the week. A girl couldn't ask for much more. He was so good on it and it was great because he wanted to be there. It was a place where Dougie was in his element. He didn't get involved with all of the drama because that's just not Dougie's thang and that made me super happy and would make me proud when all of my friends told me how fab he was. Kudos Poynter, kudos.

Lizards & Drop Bears,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...