Friday 27 March 2015

The Easier Days

I hear people my age talk about wishing they could go back to the days of crayons and midnight feasts; non-school uniform days and cartoons in the evening: the easier days. However, when I'm with those I've grown up with (and I think these easier days are my every day), I'm back to the "easier" years within a split second.

Despite the responsibilities in my life, "the easier days" are still, for me, now. And why shouldn't they be? I still buy Milk Pops when I'm with my friends. I still sing and dance to the whole Grease soundtrack with them too. I still have completely childish sessions with my best friends. I still run around without worries. I'm still that kid.

My life has got older- as ours all do. This year particularly, I have been thrown (although with my permission) into a more adult world. I look after myself. I earn for myself. I learn for myself. I progress because I want to. Not because I'm told do- although, I think that's how it's been all along. I have learnt the difficulty of moving away from my friends and family. And I've learnt how great it is to come back to them- because they're still there when I'm away.

Tomorrow marks the start of my Easter. My three weeks away from lectures and seminars- while they are still three weeks for revising and working. But, oh my, am I excited for my three weeks with my best friends and family. Today, the sun is shining, and I am so ready for my break.

Ahead of me are a lot of memories. In the next three weeks, I see memories painted by car journeys with mine and my best friend's favourite songs; I see film nights with popcorn; days with melodies that reflect the sea's song; I anticipate the evenings with my friends and dinners with my family; I hear everything I want my Easter to be.

I am thankful for so much, and I am very thankful for the easier days I am still experiencing.

Picnics & Sunshine,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...