Wednesday 18 March 2015

The Different Same Suns

There are a million places where a million people are seeing the very same sun. We are seeing this very same sun while we're experiencing different cultures and different landscapes and different people. We are speaking different languages and being closer to different political news. We are different, but we are the same.

This thought came to me as I was running. I must have passed a hundred different runners, and yet we all had the same idea on that sunny afternoon. And yet (I'm about to press the same thought again), we are all completely different people. With different backgrounds, different values and different families and traditions. This one thing (although there would have been other things too) connected us as similar in this one moment or recognition. 

A couple of my best friends are so very different from me, and yet our friendship makes us the same. We have the same deep-down-values but different hobbies and such things. Yet, sharing a pizza and watching a film together is one of the most natural things.

My friend and I see the same sun- as do the world and I. Yet, we see different things; different hopes; different thoughts. Naturally there are ways of thinking that are entirely rubbish (as I have blogged about before), but this freedom of thought when we're looking at the sun, should be entirely good- in a dreamer's world: It will be entirely good one day. However, the point is: We all have a voice. I use my voice everyday, sometimes to a lesser extent than others. I use it on my blog. I use it when I express opinions. When I use my voice to represent myself, I use it when I run or play music.

I come across people with different views. This happened today. I respected another's views while I hope they respected mine. We used our voices. It felt like a pleasant exchange. This person and I see the sun, but we do, sometimes, see different things.

We search for different things and do different things, but we're all on the same earth, living at the same time. I think this is the foundation to why we all need to treat each other the way we're taught when we're toddlers: nicely and with respect.

The Sun & A Run,

The Girl in the Moonlight. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...