Monday 24 February 2014

Carrie Says | The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

One of my New Year's Resolutions (that you can read about HERE) is to read books recommended by Carrie Hope Fletcher and then to write a review about them. You can see my first two HERE and HERE. The next book I read was The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern because of THIS video.

Carrie says: "Just... read it!"


























I have so much to say about this book but I don't have the words to say it all. That's why I've put off this review, considering I finished it a couple of weeks ago. I was hypnotised by the intricacy of it all, charmed by the magic and completely wonderstruck with every word. What may seem like a strongly hyperbolised sentence, is simply the truth of a beautifully majestic novel (inside and out - I love the front cover).

The novel, I think, is disguised to appear to be focussed around this enigmatic and stunning circus. Of course, in ways, it is. This circus arrives without warning and leaves in the same fashion. It is crucial to the novel. There is a lot of detail about the tents in the circus and how it looks. There is more to this gorgeous tale, though. There is a haunting and mysterious duel between two young people that contrasts strongly with a budding and sweet romance.

This is a novel of promise, but also darkness.

I was happily hypnotised by the way Morgenstern wrote The Night Circus. The whole novel is described in a way that made me feel like I was right there, witnessing this place that mesmerises the world. It mesmerised me.

There is something innocent and yet passionate about the relationship between Celia and Marco. They are both trapped in a duel they don't understand with the future as uncertain as their "moves" in their duel. Their relationship is gorgeous despite its darkness.

Then ending? Well... "Just... read it!"

I haven't written enough for this review but I am still a bit cautious about letting my fingers tap away because not only do I not want to give anything away to potential readers of The Night Circus, but I'm finding it hard to put this enchanting novel into words.

Tents & Stars,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

2 comments:

  1. hey! love your blog :) would you like to follow eachother? just let me know on my blog heleenakk.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. I recently read this book after putting it off for years....I thought it was interesting.

    I'm not sure why but it didn't grab me like it grabbed everyone else! I"ll probably read it again because I think every book should be read twice :)

    Christina
    http://kissesandflowers.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...