Monday 17 February 2014

A Bit of Book Chatter | February

I buy books at a ratio much larger than my how-many-I-can-physically-read ratio. I am happy as I know I am not alone in this, but slightly worried about how I am watching my piles of books increase as quickly as I'm turning one page (there's nothing like a bit of hyperbole, ay?). These are the books I've bought in the last month!



























The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson by Paige Toon

I am currently holding my beautiful and shiny copy of The Accidental Life of Jessie Jefferson in my hands and after the first few pages I have been hooked. I had been craving this books for weeks and marvelled it for many moments when it arrived in the post There have been many reviews around the blogosphere for Paige Toon's first young adult novel. It's about Jessie, the daughter of rock star Johnny Jefferson. Only, she hadn't known for all of her life. *Claps excitedly.* A review will be up on my blog very soon!

How To Be a Woman by Caitlin Moran

I bought this book because I have heard SO MANY good things about it. How To Be a Woman is, as the blurb says, "Part memoir, part rant" and oh my golly gee, I cannot wait to turn the first page. From what I've heard, Caitlin Moran outlines truths about being a woman in the most hilarious way and I know I'm going to be on many train journeys chuckling away. I've been waiting for what feels like for ever and a day to buy this book and to finally have it is incredibly exciting.

City of Ashes by Cassandra Clare

Late last month I also bought the next book in The Mortal Instruments series as I was talking to someone who told me as soon I finish the first one I'll want to read the next. It makes me at ease to know that I can, as soon as I finish City of Bones, carry on to the next one!

Have you bought any books recently or read any of the above? I would love to know!

Rants & Cups of Tea,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

3 comments:

  1. It looks amazing!
    Make sure to check out my blog:

    MAJOTRON.BLOGSPOT.COM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank god it isn't just me that obsessively buys books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read how to be a woman 2 years ago, and I think I'm going to reread it bc to be honest I didn't really understand everything when I first read the book!

    Yet Another Makeup Blog.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...