Friday 24 May 2013

The Stairs To Success

Success is a concept that people crave, an ideal that people work towards every day. Success can make people greedy and oblivious to the world around them, but success can be pretty special. When you've worked for it, when you've taken the stairs, that is.

"There is no elevator to success. You have to take the stairs." 

 
I read this quote on Louise's (Sprinkle of Glitter) blog and it really made me think. I'm from a family that has made me know that there is in fact "no elevator to success" and that the success that gives someone the most pride is one that has been made on their own accord: their own little prize for all of the hard-work.
 
Two people who I appreciate have worked to achieve a life that they want, a not-quite-comfortable-life, but one that they should (and do!) treasure because they made it is my mum and dad. They both have the jobs that they want because they've worked: like, really worked. Not only this, but they've made sure that family-life hasn't suffered. I hope that they're proud that they've produced a life that they may not have been expected to be able to when they were my age. The careers they have, the opportunities they're able to present to me and my brother, that's a huge success. The best success. What's more, their success means I've learnt the value of things, learnt the value of ambition. You can't argue with that, ay?

As I've seen my parents work hard, juggle a fair few jobs, raised me and my brother to be, well, delightful *winky face inserted here* young people, I know that, as they've allowed for there to be a slightly higher platform for me and my brother, - we've been able to skip a flight of stairs, you may say - I can dream another dream and succeed to the floor that I'd like to. Crazy metaphor there - I barely kept up!
 
It should be mentioned that success isn't just your job, your house, your salary, success is happiness. I feel at ease with my future with the knowledge that I will work hard, I'll try and get the job of my dreams (whatever that is), but the success that I will achieve doesn't just lie in the hands of whether I can afford designer or high street (ignoring the fact I'd prefer high street clothes!) clothes. When it comes down to it, success should be measured by what you want it to be and that's the way it should be.

The conclusion? I'll work, I'll graft... I'll take the stairs.
 
Dreams & Ambition,
 
The Girl in the Moonlight.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...