Friday 26 April 2013

IRON MAN THREE BABY!!!1!11!!

*MAY CONTAIN TRACES OF SPOILERS*

I went into Iron Man 3 expecting nothing but the best, and oh how Marvel delivered. Splendid, chaps, splendid! Ok, so I'm writing off of the adrenalin that Tony Stark fed me through the cinema screen and ASDFGHJKL: it was perfect.

As I walked to take my seat, - two ice-creams in hand, popcorn and four packets of sweets (yolo*) - I felt that feeling. You know, butterflies in the stomach, a slight excited smile on the lips and sweaty palms? I was about to witness something beautiful. Ladies and Gentlemen, I would like to name this phenomenon: Robert Downey Jr.

The cinema was packed and I felt like I was in my element. Me, suited and booted in my Marvel gear, alike to everyone else. This was going to be perfect. I was in my natural habitat. Excitement was obviously present, waiting for Tony Stark to appear on the screen, waiting to see The Mandarin, waiting to feel the power of Iron Man. Oh, Iron Man.

So, the film. Iron Man Three. It was amazing, full of so much Stark-fuelled funniness causing me to hard-core belly-laugh. I felt the unity spread throughout the cinema as parts were particularly eye-watering and others were heart-stopping. Lemme tell you this: unless you've been searching up spoilers, there are parts of that awesome film that will surprise the hay out of you in that everything will suddenly make sense. Dammit, Iron Man, why are you so glorious?

There is something so special about Marvel and it cannot be pinpointed with a single thing, but it's definitely to do with the mixture of hilarity, the incredible actors and kick-butt-ness. When I see Marvel films at the cinema, they have me going through the motions: excitement as it starts, shaking as it makes my heart pump and tears of laughter and sadness. Kudos Marvel, kudos.

Thank you Tony. You have taught me so much.

Pick 'n' Mix & Popcorn,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

*This was used ironically. I offer my sincere apologies to anyone offended by such language.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...