Friday 13 February 2015

A Dream That You Hold in Your Hands

Books, I have said before, are my best friends. They are best friends that I could never begrudge, even when they are stealing my pennies. (Okay, I willingly give them my pennies.) I haven't posted a book haul for a while and so I thought I would talk about a few books I have accumulated recently.


















A book I have bought recently is The Shock of the Fall by Nathan Filer which I have wanted to have on my shelves for the longest time. The blurb (naturally intentionally) gives away very little about the novel, and I'd assume, something rather central to the story too. For this reason, I'm not sure what to say about it- especially considering I haven't read it yet. I am so very excited to open this novel and review it on the blog!

I have also accumulated One Night in Winter by Simon Sebag Montefiore recently. A novel with historical tones but also about love, One Night in Winter seems to be packed with all sorts of gripping attributes. I am too excited to open this novel.

After reading Fangirl by Rainbow Rowell, I couldn't wait to have another gorgeously bright novel of Rainbow Rowell's in my hands. And here we are. I chose to buy Attachments next. Based in 1999, Attachments is about the email exchanges of Beth and Jennifer and the act of falling in love carried out by Lincoln as he witnesses these exchanges. Ooo, I am excited.
























I popped into Waterstones the other day and became a little flushed at the sight of £1 novels. So, as you can see, I bought a couple. I picked up Paris for One by Jojo Moyes because I adore Me Before You, her awesome novel. I am so excited to read this little treat. I also - although excited by them all - picked up Dead Man Talking by Roddy Doyle. On the back, it says "fast, funny and just a tiny bit spooky"; it looks like a funny little book that will entertain me on a journey somewhere.

These two novels are part of the Quick Reads charity. They are a range of stories that are roughly 100 pages long to encourage everyone to read. I think it's an awesome idea and the stories are ones I hope to collect more of. They are perfect for bus journeys or train journeys or afternoons where I just want a bit of a read.

"A book is a dream that you hold in your hands," - Neil Gaiman.

Pages & Ink,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

2 comments:

  1. You're going to LOVE The Shock of the Fall. It was one of, if not, my favourite read of last year. :) x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...