Monday 7 October 2013

My Favourite Books: Before The Teenage

I want to address my favourite books, however today I will be talking about the books I enjoyed most between the ages of about 6 and 13 (excluding Harry Potter).























I remember really enjoying Midnight, reading it while I was ill one time. Violet was my favourite Jacqueline Wilson character; she's imaginative, different and more exciting than she would ever realise.

My absolute favourite Michael Morpurgo book has to be Friend or Foe. Sadly I don't have the book. I think I borrowed it from the library but I will definitely be purchasing it again because I remember it making a young me very thoughtful. However Escape from Shangri-La is so good. I remember it being very raw and captivating.

So I was a big Cathy Cassidy fan. I loved everything about her books and as soon as the next one was out, I'd be there: ready to read. Looking back, her books have a really deep meaning in them all and I actually plan on re-reading them all very soon. I won't talk about them each separately but they are all fabulous. I think I read Ginger Snaps when I was just a teenager but it had to be in this post because the moral of this novel is the bomb; it's about non-conformity and breakdowns in friendship and realising the important things in life.























Scarlett was my favourite Cathy Cassidy book and I consider it one of my favourite books of all time. There was something about this particular novel that made me re-read it within weeks of reading it. I was head over heels (and still am) in love with the boy in it, Kian and I adored Scarlett. I thought she was the bee's knees. It's, I'd say, a coming of age story after Scarlett causes trouble wherever she goes. She moves away to live with her dad and, well, the story that begins makes my heart smile. Cathy Cassidy was what I call my favourite before the teenage author. I religiously read all of her books and fell in love with all of the characters. There was always something different about her books; a theme would be explored that wasn't something typical and it made them something special; it made them charming.




Enid Blyton was my favourite childhood author. I probably read her boarding school-based books between the ages of nine and eleven, as suggested by my mum as she loved them so much and I didn't look back as soon as I turned the first page of The Naughtiest Girl in the School.
 






















Mallory Towers are just... I loved these books so much! They are brilliant. Everything excited me about them: the sports, the lessons and the scandals of Gwendoline Mary. Oooo, I'm getting all nostalgic thinking about it!

Oh golly, I love books and I have for ever (as you can see). Getting all of these books out brought up a lot of nostalgia and excitement and thinking about the plots and characters. Out of all of the books I read when I was younger these are the ones I was most obsessed with and

Old Books & Old Smiles,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...