Friday 7 June 2013

Blue Skies and Smiles

Being a girl who, although loves snow and the festivey, cold season, is waiting for sunshine throughout most of the year, has meant this last week has been glorious. Yes, we complain about England's poor history of delivering half-decent summers but we just had a lovely, lovely week full of sun and blue skies which meant a happy as Larry me!

Waking up to clear blue skies means it's easier and a more exciting chore to wake up. I'm more motivated which means I'm making lots of plans and smiling lots and lots. I've been walking every day (I love a good walk) and seeing the lovely beach an awful lot, reading in the garden and feeling quite refreshed with a layer of tan making me look a bit less sickly! I've had no worries this week and have felt really happy and excited. You know when you look outside and suddenly see everything differently because everything's that bit brighter? I've had a strong case of this.

I've felt so chilled and I haven't been panicking about University or thinking about the heart-stoppingly-scary results that I'll open with a fearful expression in a few months (but now I am) because life's here for living, not for worrying and the sun has reminded me of this! The sun has brainwashed me into a daze of daisies and freshly cut grass; the worries beyond my bubble are less obvious, less visible. I've enjoyed this freedom.

I don't normally do posts like this but I have had a really lovely week and I think that it is important to remember that things aren't always cold and wintery (oh gosh, I think I'm trying to make a serious point here): things do get brighter and better! Do you see my point now? No? I, too often get into my own little swing of pathetic fallacy, allowing my emotions to turn as soon as the weather does. So when my life goes grey, I'll try that bit harder to motivate myself and ignore the clouds that are shadowing my every move.

This lovely weather has allowed me to sit and reflect on the most perfect week. Lots of memories with friends and family have been made, lots of photos have been taken and lots of smiles have been produced. Thank you England for delivering our week of summer when you did.

Milkshake & The Beach,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

1 comment:

  1. guess what!!!i love England......it is my dream destination.....i am not that kinda indian girl who keeps all things " old" and "gone" british people did to this country in my mind and take an oath that i wouldn't set foot in UK....... (anyway i don't like india all that much )i just wanna go places and forget the godforsaken things called revenge,cold war,enemy,foe....r we friends yet?

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...