Wednesday 23 April 2014

A Bit of Book Chatter | April

I've enjoyed April and its burst of happy weather. I've also enjoyed the three books I've accumulated!








































Stoner: A Novel by John Williams

The thought of Stoner has excited me for a long time. Every time I've been in a bookshop, I've picked it up and marvelled at the sound of its excellence. It appears to be a classic that has recently got the recognition it deserves. It tells the story of William Stoner and the way English Literature changed his life (this makes me VERY happy!).

Love, Stargirl by Jerry Spinelli

After reading Stargirl, I felt a little lost. That book (you can read my review HERE) made me incredibly dumbfounded. For the whole day afterwards it was all I spoke about and after that, I had conversations over and over again in my head about the meaning to the story and the ending. Then I found out that there is another book to do with Stargirl and I ordered it straight away. *If you haven't read Stargirl and the smallest of things can be a spoiler (I'm one of those people), maybe skip the next sentence.* It's the story of Stargirl afterwards and is made up of letters to Leo from her. I am so excited to read this.

Meet Me at the Cupcake Café by Jenny Colgan

Everything about Jenny Colgan's books make my heart happy and after buying Christmas at the Cupcake Café last year, I thought it would be perfect to read this in preparation for the read. The book is about Issy and her love and talent of making cakes. After being made redundant, she decided The Cupcake Café was her answer. I can't wait to combine two of my favourite things: reading and cake!

Have you received or bought any books this month?

Cupcakes & Cafés,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

2 comments:

  1. I've got Stoner too! I haven't read it yet but I'm really looking forward to reading it :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't wait to read it too! We'll have to have a chat about it when we've read it! :D

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...