Saturday 16 February 2013

Proud of Dougie

Dougie Poynter's perfection is impossible to describe with any language's dictionary so I won't try and "proud" doesn't do justice to the emotion I am feeling today. 2 years sober...

Being a fan of McFly, living my life with them and their music has been the most natural thing for me, but when Unsaid Things...Our Story was released, I was in no way prepared for Dougie's chapter: the "lowest point" of his life. I was a mess, that was for sure, but more than that I was proud. Dougie, one of my four heroes had overcome something so sad and had made himself and all of his fans immensely proud.

I was in a mess of my own making...

Sat, statue-like in my living room, I was incredibly sad reading about what Dougie went through and his thoughts and feelings, but, now, 2 years on, 2 years sober, I smile.

My time of sobriety has been the best of my life.

In Unsaid Things...Our Story, when Dougie had said to Harry that it was "too late", for a moment I was reading a novel, the world and what I knew to be true forgotten. Those two words seemed, not only relevant to that specific night but to how he felt about his life and, for a girl who sits at her laptop, listening to McFly albums on repeat next to her posters, it's safe to say, I was living it with him for that moment his sadness was mine too.

Sobriety isn't always easy. I go through patches when I know I'm more likely to relapse, but I take things one day at a time.

Maybe, those who aren't fans won't quite understand the severe sadness I felt and the incredible happiness I feel right now, but I don't care. I know Galaxy Defenders do.

I'm in recovery, and I will be for as long as I stay clean, which I intend to be for the rest of my life.

It's not always easy, but McFly's here forever,

Stars & Dreams,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...