Monday 13 October 2014

Well, This is New

I didn't know this feeling... I don't know this feeling.

I've spent years cringing at girls whose being revolves around being besotted with one guy. Their future is mapped out ahead of them, a guy's footing showing the way. Are they busy this evening? Busy with worry, busy with fear, busy with "love."

Now, I'm not saying every blink I blink and every breath I breathe and every sight I see spells out your name. I'm not saying I can't imagine not to talk to you every day, or that I dedicate every soppy song to you. I'm not saying every quote I hear I relate to you and me.

All I'm saying is: Well, this is new.

I know your eyes were true and your smiles meant comfort, and I wonder whether the words would have eased my heart more. Maybe. Maybe not.

Am I feeling a little bit sick? I'd like to think it's a dodgy meal.

Did I sleep as much as I really could have? I like to ignore the part of me that says, "nowhere near."

Do I wish we had the time to talk... just for a moment?

Honestly?

Yes.

~

Spaghetti & Meatballs,

The Girl in the Moonlight.

2 comments:

  1. Eeeeeee! This makes me giddy! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw haha!! I enjoyed writing this short story (well, a few sentences story!) :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...